Smartphone vlogging filmmaking is a rising movement that the industry cannot disregard. The video capabilities of these devices are rapidly expanding.
With technological advancements and an increasing number of groundbreaking mobile accessories, the future of smartphone filmmaking is becoming increasingly promising.
Technology advancements have made it entirely possible to produce a short film, vlog, or even a whole movie from your iPhone or Android — as long as you have the right equipment which contains Lenses, stabilizers, tripods, lighting, microphones, batteries/chargers, and cases may drastically affect a film.
Vlogging Stater Kit
When you decide to start vlogging, getting the right equipment will make your life much simpler and allow you to produce much better content.
Every vlogger knows that in order to create high-quality videos, you need not only a great phone, but also some cool Android and iPhone filming gear. Yeah, it has never been easier to make your own videos or short films. We are constantly on the lookout for helpful camera or mobile camera accessories.
Mobile Camera Accessories
You can encounter new “obstacles” after selecting a camera or a vlogging smartphone. Normally, smartphone camera videos taken without any modifications or accessories cannot be identified as “excellent.” Your clips are not stabilized, are blurry, and cause audiences discomfort. The sound is too faint or distorted, for example, due to heavy winds. Or is it possible that your recordings are muted because you are unable to capture sound with your mobile mic?
Now you no longer need to be worried with this. There are several smartphone camera attachments available to stretch the boundaries of your phone and greatly boost your smartphone vlogging.
However, before we do so, we should consider few topics such as
What does Every Vlogger Need?
It’s understandable that a camera is just one aspect of the story. If the picture represents the hands’ tremors and all the pixels. If the video doesn’t have decent sound, you’ll have a hard time attracting and retaining viewers. To change the condition, you just need a few mobile video accessories.
What Equipment or Accessories do I need for Smartphone Vlogging?
A vlogger’s equipment for Android smartphone and iPhone camera accessories usually contains the following items:
- Microphone kit for clearer hearing
- Gimbals stabilizer prevents audiences from getting headaches
- Smartphone vlogging tripod
- Best mobile vlogging light
- Portable batteries with a long life span
- Smartphone Attachment Lenses
So, if you’re thinking of setting down your camera and picking up your phone to take your next movie, here are seven best mobile filming accessories to remember, as well as the best applications for iPhone and Android.
In this post, we will go through all the necessary vlogging equipment and a smartphone video kit that you will need when you start vlogging.
This list contains all a complete beginner needs. In addition, seasoned video bloggers can find information and suggestions for improving their mobile setup for vlogging.
Smartphone Video Equipment List & Filmmaking Gear
1. Microphones and Audio Accessories
Audio quality is the most critical component of producing excellent videos.
It is important that you have access to a high-quality microphone. In reality, it might be one of the most valuable resources you need for vlogging.
Since mobile microphones cannot pick up quality audio from a distance, you may need to purchase a third-party microphone.
There are many microphones on the market, and you can find one here. I’ve discovered some high-quality, low-cost microphones that fit well with smartphones. Look for a microphone that is compact and easy to transport when vlogging.
- Rode SmartLav+, which is a high-quality and relatively inexpensive lavaliere mic. It plugs directly into the headphone jack and is used by many live streamers and vloggers.
- The Rode VideoMic Me is a miniature shotgun microphone that attaches to the top of your handset. This is ideal for capturing natural music.
2. Smartphone Stabilization Kit
Tripods, Stands, Selfie Sticks and Gimbals
You don’t want sloppy video, no matter what gadget you’re using. Although some cameras have built-in image stabilization, many do not. To record smooth videos without keeping your smartphone in your lap, you’ll need stabilization equipment.
You should use a vlogging camera stick, also known as a selfie stick, four phones, and even smaller devices. Although tripods are more flexible and can be turned into camera sticks in some cases, camera sticks are less costly. For a more professional look, you can use stands or gimbals.
- Joby GorillaPod Tripod is a perfect example of a multi-functional tripod stand that can be adjusted to suit multiple situations is for run-and-gun shots because of its incredible flexibility.
- The ultimate Rugged 4-in-1 Selfie Stick Tripod Stand Kit. There are four modes available: selfie stick, handheld tripod, tabletop tripod, and elevated mode.
- Manfrotto Tripod is compact and lightweight If you want a full tripod
- U-Rig Pro it works with most smartphone models, with or without a case, ranging from 2 in. to 3.5 in. wide
- The DJI OSMO gimbal, if you want to film smooth cinematic sequences you can effortlessly take motion lapses and time-lapse sequences that pan across a landscape
- The Hohem iSteady Mobile Plus+ is a low-cost 3-axis gimbal stabiliser that makes for extremely smooth shots when walking, biking, descending stairs, and other activities. Face/object tracking, slow-motion capturing, time-lapse recording, makeup retouching, 360° panorama mode, and other features are available on the gimbal. It also functions as a battery bank, allowing everyone to charge their mobile.
3. Smartphone Lighting Gear For Vlogging
Ring Lights, Studio Kits, And LED Lights
The key drawback of the small camera sensors in iPhones and Android smartphones is that they do not perform well in low light environments. To create professional-looking videos with your smartphone, is a big challenge.
A good filmmaker/ videographer, among other things, uses a mixture of natural and artificial light to create spectacular effects, set a particular tone, divert focus, and bring a specific place to life. A film, in essence, cannot survive without illumination, which is why good lighting equipment is needed.
If you don’t have access to good natural lighting, you can invest in some professional camera lamps. Ring lights are one kind of light to consider. This light illuminator is commonly used by beauty bloggers, its illuminates the skin with a smooth, even light.
It is important to properly light the shots. Here are some of your best choices for lighting your video shots:
- The Ulanzi 96 LED Video Light is the ideal pocket-sized LED light to offer as a bonus.
- The Ulanzi U-Grip Pro is a powerful stabiliser that also has a good LED Video Light. If you need a more efficient light, the BeastGrip Rig has a heavier-duty LED screen.
- DIGITEK 18-Inch Selfie Ring Light is what many YouTubers use a ring light whether they are mainly shooting at home.
- The Neewer Lighting Studio Kit If you want to create your own video studio space in your home or office to film, video regularly on a schedule it is great to deal for you, it includes softbox and green screen combo.
4. Smartphone Camera Lens Accessories
Any mobile filming equipment package should contain at least one interchangeable lens to extend the footage capability of a smartphone.
With an add-on lens pack, you can do anything from close-up macro images to vast large shots.
It is an essential component of any smartphone movie-making equipment kit, as well as other common smartphone kits.
It transforms video clips from your phone into anything like a film.
There are several lenses on the market, but if you’re willing to spend the money, you can get a higher-quality lens or give these a shot. For those of you in-pocket photographers, this one’s for you.
- The Moment M-series Anamorphic Lens is compatible with virtually all smartphones and includes a lens, lens cap, hex tool, and microfiber case.
- Olloclip Multi-Device Clip with Fisheye, Super Wide Angle, and Macro Lenses. Olloclip, the original cell phone lens device, has a variety of lenses to complement smartphones when it comes to video capture.
- The ExoLens ZEISS wide-angle lens enhances the video capabilities of your smartphone. The ZEISS Mutar 0.6x Asph T* wide-angle lens has an 18mm counterpart, allowing you more coverage flexibility.
5. Smartphone Power Backup
Nothing like being in the middle of a shot when your smartphone’s battery fails
Shooting video on a smartphone uses a large amount of battery capacity. When many programs are running concurrently while shooting, you don’t want to waste control when you need it the most.
Filming video quickly drains the battery, so requiring the use of an external battery.
If you’re going to be shooting in 4K, you’ll need to refresh your battery on a regular basis.
- The Anker PowerCore 10000 is one of the smallest and lightest 10000 mAh portable chargers on the market, which can charge most smartphones 3 times, making it easy to carry in any bag.
- The Alphatronix Battery Case will more than double the battery life of your iPhone. For any iPhone and Android model, there are numerous mobile battery case choices.
6. Filming & Editing Apps: For Higher Quality Videos
If you want to pull together your vlog, you’ll need editing tools. There are a few free editing software or apps available you can check it here, but if you plan on creating videos on a regular basis or want to create high-quality vlogs, we recommend investing in advanced editing tools. There are several solutions available, so if you are unsure about which editing tools to purchase, we will assist you.
- Adobe Premiere Clip – iOS & Android, Adobe makes our favorite advanced editing apps for desktop computers, so it’s only normal that they’d make a good smartphone app as well. Adobe Premiere Clip is a video editing app for iOS and Android smartphones.
The Entire Package
There are microphones, cameras, grips and rigs, and other items needed to complete a filmmaker’s smartphone kit: why not get it all?
The DREAMGRIP Evolution MOJO mobile rig works on both smartphones and comes with two external video lights, a directional microphone, a rig base, two clamp holders, filters, a backlight blinder, as well a different bolt (to make connecting other devices easier).
It includes all a budding filmmaker will need to record a short film on their smartphone.
The Bottom Line
In terms of video work, vlogging isn’t all that difficult, and with only a decent set of video equipment, you can significantly increase the output value of your videos. A good camera, some minimal lighting, and an external microphone can help you produce professional-looking video.
Take the time to get all the vlogging tools you’ll need if you want to get started right away on your vlogs. If you take the time to buy the right equipment, your vlogs will look much more professional and will be much more fun to work on. So, what are you holding out for? Start recording and uploading, and who knows, vlogging superstardom could be on the horizon!